Monday 23 November 2009

Progress

Went for the full half marathon yesterday - 13.1 miles - and was delighted to complete it in 1 hour 41 minutes along the cycle path from Leatherhead to Dorking. This is a reasonably flat run with just some gentle undulations for interest. The run started out fairly badly, with seemingly no power in my legs for the first couple of miles and I have to confess that I took my foot off the gas a little as soon as I realised that this was not going to be a PB sort of day. However, I think I may have been the victim of glancing at the Garmin when the mph was low but I was actually moving reasonably well (how you feel and how you are running do not always coincide). I must have picked up some momentum somewhere however as I began to feel better the longer things went on and there was no single mile which was over 8 minutes. The last mile was amongst the quickest (7.37) and I really picked up the pace as I sensed that a decent time was in reach.

Recovered fairly well and ate loads.

2 comments:

  1. Hello what sort of things do you eat after you've run a session like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything I can get my hands on: in this case, a whole box of home made flapjacks. Not popular with the wife afterwards.

    ReplyDelete