Thursday 22 October 2009

Massive News

Hello and welcome to my new friends. I expect most of you are here because you are followers of @marleyterrier on Twitter. Marley has kindly allowed me to step out into the spotlight for a few brief moments to give you some good news and to ask for your help in a little bit of fundraising for his doggie chums.

I have been accepted as part of the Dogs Trust team for the 2010 London Marathon on 25th April. Hurray. The last few days have been a very nervous wait for the big news - I was worrying that all these last few weeks of early training were going to be for nothing after they seemed to be telling me that I was in good shape.

Dogs Trust is the UK’s largest dog welfare charity and last year they cared for over 16,000 stray and abandoned dogs through their nationwide network of 17 Rehoming Centres. Dogs Trust is working towards the day when all dogs can enjoy a happy life free from the threat of unnecessary destruction. They believe no healthy dog should ever be destroyed and that every dog should have a chance to lead a happy and healthy life in a loving home. For further information about Dogs Trust please go to their website at www.dogstrust.org.uk.

My aim in running the marathon is to raise £2,000 for Dogs Trust. I would be delighted if you could help me towards this goal by agreeing to sponsor me. The easiest way to do that will be through my justgiving page here.

You can follow my running exploits here or on twitter as @lonmarathon

Thanks for helping out.

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment