Monday 25 January 2010

Weekend 23/24 January

A good start to the weekend with 10 miles at an average pace of 7.53 per mile. This was reasonably pleasing after a week ruined by a cold and coming straight after Friday's feeble effort on the treadmill. The pace did fall away a bit towards the end but that is partly due to gradient and I was fairly pleased to get hom feeling only slightly shattered. It's funny how a cold can ruin your confidence and how much confidence affects your running.

But then....I decided to do some heavy lifting in the garden on Sunday morning and moved 30 barrow loads of logs from the back of the house to the front and felt so drained I could hardly speak. This was done by lunchtime and I resolved to rest and go for a run in the evening, perhaps another 10 miles or so. A quick 30 minute walk with the dogs put paid to that and I ended up lying around the house feeling drained and miserable and with confidence at an all time low. There are always these days when it seems easier not to run than to run and your response to this is a good indicator as to state of mind. It's better to go out even if you run a short distance slowly. I bottled out. Done in by a bit of gardening. Am I really going to run a marathon in April? What a depressing day.

Total miles for the week: 15.

Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment