Monday 29 March 2010

26 March - 28 March

Friday: 10.65 miles in 1.28.57 or 8.21 per mile. It was good to achieve race pace over a long hilly run with a backpack. I did not extend myself and felt quite strong in the latter stages of the run.

Saturday: planned to run 10 miles again tonight but faced with rain lashing down I decamped to the gym and ended up running only 10k due to a combination of boredom and lack of time.

Sunday: another lesson in how not to prepare for a run. The clocks went forward last night but the dogs still woke me at the equivalent of 5.30 am. A nap on the sofa turned into watching the grand prix. This was followed by a 30-minute session putting on the new roof rack turning into a 2-hour trial and then a 2-hour bike ride around Bracknell forest with the dogs. We got back just in time for me to dismantle two wardrobes, grab a 30-minute nap and then head out for 13.1 miles. Feeling so tired before |I set off, this was supposed to only be a race-pace run but I actually felt really strong and pushed on to 1.43.48 or 7.55 per mile and was running more strongly with every mile. The firs mile proved to be the slowest and all the miles in the second half were in in 7.30 to 7.45 range. I think I could have set a PB for the half if I had set off with intent. Good to feel so strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment